Since November 2014, Google has announced that they would add “Mobile-Friendly” label on your mobile search results. This label will show that the website:
- Doesn’t have software that is not common on mobile devices, like Flash
- Text doesn’t need to be zoomed to be readable on mobile devices
- Links are put far apart so users can easily tap the right link
And it doesn’t stop there. At the beginning of 2015, Google has sent mass notifications to webmasters whose websites were not mobile-friendly. The notification from Google can be found in Google Webmaster message and your email. With the notification, Google reminds webmasters to quickly upgrade their websites to be mobile-friendly websites. Mobile-friendly website will give a better experience for smartphone or tablet users to seek information, products or services. Well, smartphone or tablet users are increasing day by day, and Google doesn’t want you to miss it.
How to Check If Your Website is Mobile-Friendly or Not?
How do you know whether your website is mobile-friendly or not? Google knows you will ask this question so they have provided you with a very simple solution. What is that? That is Google mobile-friendly test tool which you can use by clicking this: Mobile-Friendly Test.
If your website is mobile-friendly, the tool will give you “Awesome! This page is mobile-friendly”. However, please don’t be happy first. You need to scroll down and look at the bottom of picture “How Googlebot sees this page”. If there are no sentences or words at the bottom of the picture, you are safe.
How to Make Your Website into Mobile-Friendly Website
If your website is not mobile-friendly, the tool will list down what you need to fix. Now, how can you fix your website? It’s easy. You only need to click –Mobile SEO Website– Google already provides you with guidelines to create mobile-friendly website. For you who use WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Blogger, Magneto or other software to create your website; you will need other solutions. But don’t worry; the solution can be found at – Website Software -. Google has provided all the solutions for your questions, you only need to find and follow them.
Is Mobile-Friendly Website a Must?
In many online articles about SEO, a mobile-friendly website is a must. Why?
- Google’s John Mueller stated on his Google+ Hangouts, there was an update but it was not related to either Panda or Penguin. With this, we can say that Google may be creating a new type algorithm which targets mobile usability, so it will give negative impact to non mobile-unfriendly website.
- Some people have lost organic traffic from mobile users because their websites are not mobile-friendly.
- Google has send notification to make your website mobile-friendly.
These 3 reasons should make you realize that mobile-friendly is a must. And you need to quickly make your website to be mobile-friendly. Good Luck!! See you again in other DGtraffic’s articles.